Chloe Lynch, Ecclesial Leadership as Friendship (Abingdon: Routledge, 2019)
In addition to my book, I have also published a number of peer-reviewed articles and book chapters:
- Directing Desire: Diagnosing Acedia and Dark Night in Spiritual Direction in John of the Cross: Carmel, Desire and Transformation (eds. Peter M. Tyler and Edward Howells) (forthcoming with Routledge, 2024).
- A Friend Even Though He is Lord’: Teresa of Avila and the Soul’s Relationship with God Studies in Spirituality 32 (2023), 337-352.
- Leadership Vulnerability: Its Concrete Expression and the Courage to Embrace It Journal of Religious Leadership 22:1 (2023), 30-51.
- The Heart of the Matter: Using Theological Reflective Method in Spiritual Direction Practical Theology 15:4 (2022), 342-353.
- Prophetic Imagination as a Mode of Practical Theology in Evangelicals Engaging in Practical Theology (eds. Helen Morris and Helen Cameron), Abingdon: Routledge, 2022.
- Difficulties in Prayer: Diagnosing and Directing Acedia and Dark Night Presence: An International Journal of Spiritual Direction 28:2 (2022).
- Leading Away From God: Acedia, Believers and the Church Practical Theology 14:3 (2021), 242-252.
- Preacher as Friend Anglican Theological Review 102:3 (2020), 437-456.
- Don’t Give Up Hope: Continuing in Friendship with God amidst Acedia Evangelical Review of Theology 44:2 (2020), 126-140.
- Prophetic Leadership: Making Present the Truth of Ecclesial Hope Journal of Religious Leadership 18:1 (2019), 51-73.
- Love, Leadership and McDonald’s Journal of the European Pentecostal Theological Association 38:2 (2018), 113-125.
- In 1 Peter 5:1-5, who are the πρϵσβύτϵροι and what is said about their role? Expository Times 123:11 (2012), 529-540.
- How convincing is Walter Wink’s interpretation of Paul’s language of the powers? Evangelical Quarterly 83:3 (2011), 251-266.
My popular-level writing includes the following:
- In addition to a couple of devotional series for Scripture Union’s Closer to God publication, I have been published by Preach magazine and also here in Conversatio, an initiative of The Martin Institute.
- I blog regularly at The Art of Steering.
DR CHLOE LYNCH | ACADEMIC&PRACTITIONER